Information For Visitors Thinking About Extending Their Visit or Changing to Student Status

By |2012-03-01T09:33:43-06:00March 1st, 2012|Categories: Customs and Border Patrol / Travel to and from the U.S., General|Tags: , , |

Published: March 1, 2012 Foreign nationals entering the U.S. on a B-1/B-2 visa are generally granted 6 months at their port-of-entry to accomplish the purpose of their trip, be it for pleasure or business. Most visitors for business or pleasure do not remain in the U.S. for the entire 6 months, since they have work and/or residences to return to overseas. For those seeking to remain in the U.S. for the entire 6 month period, or possibly extend or even convert their stay to another status, such as F-1 student, a variety of current trends and rules must be kept in […]